NEKMEA Elementary Orchestra will be for grades 5-7.
Saturday, December 1, 2018
Topeka-Washburn Rural High School
October 10, 2018
$10.00 per student must be paid in full with registration.
Checks and money orders are accepted, but NO PURCHASE ORDERS.
Make checks payable to: Northeast KMEA
Registration is a 2-step process:
1. Submit your student registration information on the online form (KMEA Members
2. Mail your fees and a print-out of your generated invoice
to the chairperson.
Rachel Dirks is an active conductor, clinician, and educator. She holds cello performance degrees
from the University of Texas at Austin and Bethel College, and she is currently working towards her
Ph.D. in music education and orchestral conducting at the University of Kansas. As a guest
conductor, she has been invited to conduct orchestras throughout the United States. As a featured
clinician, she has presented at the Midwest International Clinic in Chicago, the Oregon Music
Educators Convention, as well as many other state and regional conventions and festivals. She is
excited to join the Kansas State University School of Music, Theatre, and Dance this year and
looks forward to a fantastic season with the KSU Symphony Orchestra.
Sword Dance - Arbeau/Phillips
Beethoven Lullaby - Balmages
Strawberry Jam Session - Frueh
KMEA Membership Requirement
The NEKMEA board voted to require membership in NAfME-KMEA in order to register students for NEKMEA honor groups.
This is in line with the KMEA policy requiring membership in order to register students for KMEA All-State ensembles.
- Join NAfME. Indicate Kansas in your membership profile.
- Set up an account in the KMEA Members website.
This creates a connection between your NAfME profile and KMEA's registration systems.
- After creating an account in the KMEA Members site, select your district affiliation so you may participate in elections.
- When registering students for NE district or All-State ensembles, your NAfME ID will be part of the registration.
- Do not wait until the deadline day to start this process!