Outstanding Young Music Educator
Nominations & Voting
Nominations and voting for NEKMEA awards are located in the KMEA Members site (members.ksmea.org
To recognize Northeast District young music educators for their
outstanding impact on student learning. This award may be presented to one
or more individuals new to the profession who have served their students,
communities, and profession in an exemplary manner. Nominees must have
completed two years, but not more than nine years of teaching and be a
member of KMEA. Any music educator in the Northeast KMEA District may
submit a nominee.
- Must be a KMEA member in good standing
- Must have completed two years, but not more than nine years of teaching
- Must have high professional and ethical standards
- Must have a commitment and dedication to his or her students
- Must have met the needs and interests of students, having brought about positive results in learning
- Must have enthusiasm for teaching, love for music, and a desire to further the musical education of his or her students
- Must have shown motivation toward professional growth and development
One award per discipline (band, choir, and orchestra) may be
awarded. Plaques will be presented at the educator's respective NEKMEA
December Mini-Convention concerts.
How to Nominate a Young Music Educator
Complete and submit the Nomination Form located in the KMEA Members site (link at top of page).
Deadline for nominations: Sep. 15