Middle Level Choir
NEKMEA In-Person mini-conventions are cancelled for 2020-21. Nominated ensembles will not take place.
: Saturday, December 5, 2020
: Topeka High School
: 8:00 AM
: 8:30 AM
: 2:00 PM (Tickets are $5.00 at the door for adults. Students K-12 and younger are FREE.)
Please invite your middle/high school choir colleagues to also submit students for this ensemble!
We can always use help getting the word out about this awesome choir!
Who is eligible?
Registration & Payment
- Students are not auditioned, but nominated by their teacher.
- Each school will be represented in the honor choir with a total of 6 singers.
(PLEASE!, register an SSAATB sextet)
- 7th-9th grade students are eligible for this choir.
NOTE: This does mean your school district can send a M.S. SSAATB sextet and a H.S. 9th grade SSAATB sextet.
- Each school may also submit 2 alternates. These will only be used to balance the choir, if needed.
We can often use extra tenors and basses, so here is where to submit them.
- READ!! - 9TH GRADE STUDENTS MUST CHOOSE ML CHOIR OR HS CHOIR. THEY CANNOT PARTICIPATE IN BOTH.
Festival Day Attire
- Register your students when the form is opened (link in Registration tab)
- The registration deadline is October 15, 2020 ... NO exceptions.
- Participation fee is $10.00 per student and must be paid in full with registration. Checks and money orders are accepted, but NO PURCHASE ORDERS.
- Registration is a 2-step process. Please be sure to do both parts, to ensure your students will be able to participate.
Students are to wear black on bottom and white, gray, or black on top. Dresses are fine for ladies, and suits/tuxes/vests are fine for the guys (ties are optional).
Music is available from your choice of music vendors.
NOTE: Rehearsal tracks will be available by late September or early October. Music should be memorized by mini-convention on December 5, 2020.