Middle Level Choir
Sep. 13 - Business Meeting @ Lawrence Free State HS
Oct. 14 - Nomination Deadline
Dec. 4 - Clinic & Concert @ Topeka HS
8:00 - Check-in
8:30 - Rehearsal begins
2:00 PM - Public Concert
Tickets are $5.00 at the door for adults. Students K-12 and younger are FREE.
- Nomination deadline is October 14, 2021.
- Nominations are entered in the KMEA Members site.
Students are nominated by their teacher, who must be a member of KMEA. There is no audition.
- Each school will be represented in the honor choir with a total of 6 singers.
Please nominate an SSAATB sextet.
- 7th-9th grade students are eligible for this choir.
NOTE: This does mean your school district can send a M.S. SSAATB sextet and a H.S. 9th grade SSAATB sextet.
- Each school may also submit 2 alternates. These will only be used to balance the choir, if needed.
We can often use extra tenors and basses, so here is where to submit them.
- READ!! - 9TH GRADE STUDENTS MUST CHOOSE ML CHOIR OR HS CHOIR. THEY CANNOT PARTICIPATE IN BOTH.
Participation fee is $10.00 per student and must be paid in full immediately after completing the entry. Checks and money orders are accepted, but NO PURCHASE ORDERS.
Send payment, invoice
, and a print-out of your nomination list to the chairperson.
Allison Enneking, NEKMEA ML Honor Choir
Festival Day Attire
2203 Church St
Eudora, KS 66025
Make checks payable to: Northeast KMEA
Students are to wear black on bottom and white, gray, or black on top. Dresses are fine for ladies, and suits/tuxes/vests are fine for the guys (ties are optional).
Music is available from your choice of music vendors.
NOTE: Rehearsal tracks will be available by late September or early October. Music should be memorized for the mini-convention.
KMEA Membership Requirement
The NEKMEA board voted to require membership in NAfME-KMEA in order to register students for NEKMEA honor groups.
This is in line with the KMEA policy requiring membership in order to register students for KMEA All-State ensembles.
- Join NAfME. Indicate Kansas in your membership profile.
- Set up an account in the KMEA Members website.
This creates a connection between your NAfME profile and KMEA's registration systems.
- After creating an account in the KMEA Members site, select your district affiliation so you may participate in elections.
- When registering students for NE district or All-State ensembles, your NAfME ID will be part of the registration.
- Do not wait until the deadline day to start this process!