NEKMEA In-Person mini-conventions are cancelled for 2020-21. Nominated ensembles will not take place.
NEKMEA Elementary Orchestra will be for grades 5-7.
Saturday, Dec. 5, 2020
Topeka-Washburn Rural High School
Oct. 14, 2020
$10.00 per student (Grades 5-7) must be paid in full with registration.
Checks and money orders are accepted, but NO PURCHASE ORDERS.
Make checks payable to: Northeast KMEA
Registration is a 2-step process:
1. Submit your student registration information on the online form (KMEA Members
2. Mail your fees and a print-out of your generated invoice
to the chairperson.
KMEA Membership Requirement
The NEKMEA board voted to require membership in NAfME-KMEA in order to register students for NEKMEA honor groups.
This is in line with the KMEA policy requiring membership in order to register students for KMEA All-State ensembles.
- Join NAfME. Indicate Kansas in your membership profile.
- Set up an account in the KMEA Members website.
This creates a connection between your NAfME profile and KMEA's registration systems.
- After creating an account in the KMEA Members site, select your district affiliation so you may participate in elections.
- When registering students for NE district or All-State ensembles, your NAfME ID will be part of the registration.
- Do not wait until the deadline day to start this process!