Sep. 11 - Business Meeting @ Lawrence HS
Oct. 11 - Nomination Deadline - $10 participation fee per selected student
Dec. 2 - Clinic & Concert @ Topeka-Washburn Rural HS
- Nomination deadline is October 11, 2023.
- Nominations are entered in the KMEA Members site. Students are nominated by their teacher, who must be a member of KMEA. There is no audition.
- Students in grades 5-6 are eligible to participate.
Mail your payment, invoice and a copy of your nomination list to the chairperson. $10.00 per student must be paid immediately after the nomination. Checks and money orders are accepted, but NO PURCHASE ORDERS. Make checks payable to: Northeast KMEA
Performance RepertoireFirst Finger Rock, Brian Balmages
Impulse, Brian Balmages
Fiddler's Hoedown, Robert Gillespie
KMEA Membership RequirementThe NEKMEA board voted to require membership in NAfME-KMEA in order to register students for NEKMEA honor groups. This is in line with the KMEA policy requiring membership in order to register students for KMEA All-State ensembles.
- Join NAfME. Indicate Kansas in your membership profile.
- Set up an account in the KMEA Members website. This creates a connection between your NAfME profile and KMEA's registration systems.
- After creating an account in the KMEA Members site, select your district affiliation so you may participate in elections.
- When registering students for NE district or All-State ensembles, your NAfME ID will be part of the registration.
- Do not wait until the deadline day to start this process!