Sep. 13 - Business Meeting @ Lawrence HS
Oct. 13 - Nomination Deadline
Dec. 4 - Clinic & Concert @ Topeka-Washburn Rural HS
- Nomination deadline is October 13, 2021.
- Nominations are entered in the KMEA Members site.
Students are nominated by their teacher, who must be a member of KMEA. There is no audition.
- Students in grades 5-7 are eligible to participate.
Mail your payment, invoice
and a copy of your nomination list to the chairperson.
$10.00 per student must be paid immediately after the nomination. Checks and money orders are accepted, but NO PURCHASE ORDERS. Make checks payable to: Northeast KMEA
KMEA Membership Requirement
The NEKMEA board voted to require membership in NAfME-KMEA in order to register students for NEKMEA honor groups.
This is in line with the KMEA policy requiring membership in order to register students for KMEA All-State ensembles.
- Join NAfME. Indicate Kansas in your membership profile.
- Set up an account in the KMEA Members website.
This creates a connection between your NAfME profile and KMEA's registration systems.
- After creating an account in the KMEA Members site, select your district affiliation so you may participate in elections.
- When registering students for NE district or All-State ensembles, your NAfME ID will be part of the registration.
- Do not wait until the deadline day to start this process!