High School Band
Please familiarize yourself with the audition requirements, they are available on the High School
Band section of the NEKMEA website and at ksmea.org/hsband/excerpts/
We use the same requirements as the KMEA All-State Auditions.
All directors registering students for district auditions are required to have a current NAfME membership.
Oct. 14 thru Nov. 6
HS Band and Jazz Band Auditions - $20 Late Registration Deadline
Any registrations received during this time-frame will be $20 per audition.
Nov. 7 - On-Site Registration
On-site registration on the day of auditions will be $50 per audition.
Please make ALL EFFORTS to register by the initial deadline.
Every late registration creates more work for our volunteers.
NEKMEA District Band Auditions
Saturday, November 7
Eudora High School, 2203 Church Street, Eudora, KS 66025
December 5 - NEKMEA "Mini Convention"
- Student Meeting in the Gym
- Directors Meeting (location TBA)
- Judges/Door Monitors/Students Report to rooms
- Door Monitors distribute numbers and meet with students
- Judges meet in the rooms
- Students should report to the audition room when they are ready to audition, without leaving open gaps.
- Directors: All directors who have students auditioning are required to help during auditions
Music will be sent electronically to the directors in the next few days following the auditions.
Original parts/music will be provided the day of the clinic.
Bands Site: Seaman High School, 4850 NW Rochester Rd, Topeka, KS 66617
- Registration begins at 7 AM
- Rehearsals begin promptly at 8 AM
- We begin calling alternates at 8 AM
Instrumental Live Auditions for KMEA All-State Bands, Jazz Band, and Orchestra
Salina (check KMEA website for location)
- Any student who performed with the District Honor Bands and meets the state criteria for participation is eligible to audition
- Please refer to the KMEA website for more information. ksmea.org/liveauditions
KMEA Membership Requirement
The NEKMEA board voted to require membership in NAfME-KMEA in order to register students for NEKMEA honor groups.
This is in line with the KMEA policy requiring membership in order to register students for KMEA All-State ensembles.
- Join NAfME. Indicate Kansas in your membership profile.
- Set up an account in the KMEA Members website.
This creates a connection between your NAfME profile and KMEA's registration systems.
- After creating an account in the KMEA Members site, select your district affiliation so you may participate in elections.
- When registering students for NE district or All-State ensembles, your NAfME ID will be part of the registration.
- Do not wait until the deadline day to start this process!