High School Band
Sep. 12 - Business Meeting @ Lawrence HS
Oct. 11 - Audition Registration deadline ($10 per audition)
Nov. 4 - Late Auditon Registration deadline ($20 per audition)
Nov. 5 - Final Audition Registration deadline ($50 per audition)
Nov. 5 - HS Auditions @ Eudora HS-MS
Dec. 3 - Mini-Conventions (Bands @ Topeka-Seaman HS)
Please familiarize yourself with the audition requirements
We use the same requirements as the KMEA All-State Auditions
All directors registering students for district auditions are required to have a current NAfME membership.
Eudora High School, 2203 Church Street, Eudora, KS 66025
NEKMEA Mini Convention
- Student Meeting in the Gym
- Directors Meeting (location TBA)
- Judges/Door Monitors/Students Report to rooms
- Door Monitors distribute numbers and meet with students
- Judges meet in the rooms
- Students should report to the audition room when they are ready to audition, without leaving open gaps.
- Directors: All directors who have students auditioning are required to help during auditions
Music will be sent electronically to the directors in the next few days following the auditions.
Original parts/music will be provided the day of the clinic.
Bands Site: Seaman High School, 4850 NW Rochester Rd, Topeka, KS 66617
- Registration begins at 7 AM
- Rehearsals begin promptly at 8 AM
- We begin calling alternates at 8 AM
Please refer to the KMEA website
for more information.
KMEA Membership Requirement
The NEKMEA board voted to require membership in NAfME-KMEA in order to register students for NEKMEA honor groups.
This is in line with the KMEA policy requiring membership in order to register students for KMEA All-State ensembles.
- Join NAfME. Indicate Kansas in your membership profile.
- Set up an account in the KMEA Members website.
This creates a connection between your NAfME profile and KMEA's registration systems.
- After creating an account in the KMEA Members site, select your district affiliation so you may participate in elections.
- When registering students for NE district or All-State ensembles, your NAfME ID will be part of the registration.
- Do not wait until the deadline day to start this process!