High School Orchestra
Stacy Griffin grew up in south central Kansas, moving to Minnesota to attend St. Olaf College where she graduated with a Bachelor of Music in Instrumental Music Education. In May of 2018, Stacy completed her Masters degree from the University of Concordia - Saint Paul. She has been teaching instrumental music in the Anoka-Hennepin school district since she began teaching in 2008. She is also active in the music scene of the Twin Cities performing regularly with a few bands in addition to free-lance performances.
Sep. 11 - Business Meeting @ Lawrence HS
Oct. 11 - Audition Registration deadline ($10 per audition)
Nov. 3 - Late Auditon Registration deadline ($20 per audition)
Nov. 4 - Final Audition Registration deadline ($50 per audition)
Nov. 4 - HS Auditions @ Eudora HS-MS
Dec. 2 - Mini-Conventions (Orchestra @ Topeka-Washburn Rural HS)
All auditions must be registered online in the KMEA Members site.
Students in grades 9,10, 11, and 12 are eligible for this ensemble. Registration begins at 7:30 AM. We ask all teachers to meet at 7:00 AM to go over the audition process. Follow signs in the school to location of the orchestra directors' room.
Teachers will be expected to be a part of the audition process and are encouraged to attend the NEKMEA Fall Meeting. Information for the meeting will be posted on the Home page of this site.
Students can wear casual clothes and are encouraged to bring a music stand for the warm up room on audition day. There will be snacks available for purchase in Eudora Middle School. If chosen for the District Orchestra, students are expected to wear their school's concert uniform (black dress or tux).
Literature will be chosen soon and practice copies will be sent to directors in November.
- Sailing Kites, by Reynard Burns (Wingert-Jones Publications)
- Spirited Voyage, by Joshua Reznicow (Kendor Music Publishing)
- Masters in this Hall, by Mike Halstenson (Unpublished)
KMEA Membership RequirementThe NEKMEA board voted to require membership in NAfME-KMEA in order to register students for NEKMEA honor groups. This is in line with the KMEA policy requiring membership in order to register students for KMEA All-State ensembles.
- Join NAfME. Indicate Kansas in your membership profile.
- Set up an account in the KMEA Members website. This creates a connection between your NAfME profile and KMEA's registration systems.
- After creating an account in the KMEA Members site, select your district affiliation so you may participate in elections.
- When registering students for NE district or All-State ensembles, your NAfME ID will be part of the registration.
- Do not wait until the deadline day to start this process!