HS Choir Audition Policies
- All directors must be present for the district auditions. Duties will be assigned for the entire day (7:30 AM - 2:00 PM).
Teachers need to make transportation arrangements for their students (if necessary).
- Auditions are open to students in grades 9-12. Teachers of ninth grade students may register ninth grade singers for
either the HS honor choir auditions or the Middle Level Honor Choir, but not both.
- Students may audition for only one festival group (band, orchestra, choir). Any student auditioning for more than one
group will be disqualified from participation at both the district and state levels.
- Each school is allowed to register a maximum of 40 singers with no more than 15 on any one of the SATB voice parts.
- * New 2019 - Because directors may now bring 40 students and because late registrations are now permitted,
the only substitutions that can be made on the day of auditions are for schools that have pre-registered the maximum
number of 15 in that section. Any other singers would be considered late entries and charged the appropriate late fee.
- Each student must be registered online via the ksmea.org website.
- Registration is $10.00 per student (on-time entry).
- Online registrations must be completed by midnight of the deadline established by KMEA. This is the only way to
officially enter your students. Late fees apply to all entries received after the first deadline. Late fees increase upon
subsequent deadlines with the largest fee applied if registering on the day of auditions. See registration page for fees and
- Each director should complete and send the NE District Payment Form (your bookkeeper may require a copy to cut a
check for your registration fees) with your check. We use this form to double check entries. This form is for payment only.
It will not register your singers-this must be done online.
- Completed NE District Payment Form with full payment should be sent to the NEKMEA HS Choir Chairperson.
- No purchase orders accepted. Make checks payable to KMEA Northeast District.
- All correspondence postmarked by the deadline established by NEKMEA.